Water Tank System
Wood, ceramic and stone tanks have been used as water storage throughout the history. Though some of these storages are still in service, innovative designs for water storage are now in demand for use in many applications such as drinking water for residential and commercial use, fire suppression, manufacturing plants as well as many other uses. Considering the fact that all general facilities requires a storage tanks for any specified usage, there are already have various types of water tanks available in the market.
SUPER TOWER INDUSTRIES is a water tank specialist that offers one of the most reliable and easy to construct water storage type, the sectional water tanks, comes with different kinds of materials manufactured to specific applications.
Our water tank types available are as follows:
GRP / FRP Sectional Panel Water Tank
Non-Insulated Type Water Tank
Insulated Type Water Tank
Stainless Steel Sectional Panel Water Tank
Non-Insulated Type Water Tank
Insulated Type Water Tank
Pressed Steel Sectional Panel Water Tank
Steel Sectional Water Tank
Hot Dipped Galvanized Steel Water Tank
Enamelled Steel Water Tank
Gush-Paint Steel Water Tank
Galvanized-Stainless Steel-Composite (GSC) Tank
Round SECTIONAL PANEL water tank
Glass Fused to Steel Tanks
Stainless Steel Bolted Tanks
Fusion Bonded Epoxy Tanks
Water Management | Water Tank System
IoT Smart Control – Water Tank
- Web based control & monitoring (direct from controller)
- Seamless integration to existing BMS server
- Highly secured with password authentication access
- Reduce massive wiring from DDC/PLC to Water tank system
- Optional access thru WiFi
Predictive and Preventive Measurement
- Predict water leakage
- Inform operation team for service
- Reduce operation downtime
- Seamless integration
Do you have Water Tank Crack Issue ?
Over the years of usage, 3 major issues that cause the Water Tank to crack:
- Water Tank Recommendation– Under manufacturer’s recommendation, it will be ideally to design using float-valve than pilot valve as the incoming water refill through the pilot valve creates impact on the water tank, as the direct high-pressure drop to the bottom panel creates moment on the entire water tank. Pilot Valve design does create more pressure as compare to Ball Float-Valve solution.
- Mechanism Faulty – The faulty equipment (example: Float-valve or motorized valve, etc) will result in the continuous of water refilling (even though the excess water will flow out thru the over-flow pipe), causing the tank will to be pressurized, resulting the deformation of the water tank panels
- Maintenance Operation
- Tie-Rod Deformation – This is due to the maintenance operation carried out by maintenance personnel that used the tie-rod as a supporting structure when carrying out the cleaning work.
- Compartment Tanks Cleaning – When carrying out maintenance work for partition tanks, (Tank A & Tank B) under manufacturer’s recommendation, it must reduce the effective water capacity in the Compartment Tank A2 to 50% or less, as water movement IN and OUT of the compartment tank A2 will create slow effect on the water tank pressurization
- Wire (Insect) Mesh – Over the years, the wire mesh at the end of the discharged pipe will be partially “choked” which eventually reduce the water flow. This is also part of the reason that causes the pressure to built-up by incoming water thru booster pump. This event happened during the overflow process.
- Refilling Process during Maintenance – In a typical situation after the cleaning work, technical personnel will turn-on the refilling process at 100% for fast refilling process. The maximum refilling process will create a big impact & moment to the water tank panel.
Preventive Measurement of Water Management System
Water Tank pressurization and water moments are great impact to the panels, extra precaution is needed to ensure the reliability of the equipment. The following are some of the recommendation:
Pump Design Recommendation – For All Booster Pumps design, the desired pressure head recommended to be around 3m to 5m head, to the water tank. Based on initial design calculation additional 15% to 20% buffer will be practized. When the requirement reaches to the pump supplier, thus increase another 5% to 10% more, all these exercise eventually will create more pressure, turbulence and wave inside the water tank during the top up period.
Control Measurement – In some instances, the booster pumps are design for a few number of water tanks, and the actual calculation is based on the total number of water tank demand in order to size the booster pump. During the operation, one of the compartment tank alert for low level signal, therefore the booster pump will activate serving all the water flow to this particular compartment unit with full-throttle (100% load) thus create pressurization to this compartment.
Operation Team Handover after DLP – During Testing & Commissioning stage, because of the pump oversizing, certain valve opening may have adjusted accordingly to suit the operation of the desire testing criteria. After the end-of-DLP, different maintenance team be taking over the system, it is important that the fine tuning on pump or valve need to be documented and hand over accordingly, otherwise it will cause some extra pressure to the existing tank again
If the pump is damage and replacement work is carry-out by another team, never practise over-size further, as it will further damage to the water tank operation that causes higher water movement, creating leaks, crack and etc
INTELLIGENT WATER MANAGEMENT
DIGITAL WATER TANK SYSTEM
Predictive & Preventive Measurement of Water Management System
Super Tower has introduce our IOT smart control system to enhance the monitoring & control of the entire water management process. The IOT Smart Control system will based on the water tank usage, equipment part faulty, water-flow and pressure to adjust itself accordingly without creating impact to the system.